For the wards of Kashmiri Pandits, 3 seats have been reserved in every branch of all Engineering Colleges in Telangana.
The branches are –
- Computer Science Engineering(CSE)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering(ECE)
- Mechanincal Engineering(ME)
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering(EEE)
- Civil Engineering(CE)
- Bio Medical Engineering(BME)
- Chemical Engineering
Top Government Colleges in Hyderabad with high number of placements include –
- JNTUH College of Engineering(Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad), in Kukatpally
- UCEOU(University College of Engineering Osmania University) in Amberpet, Tarnaka
- OUCT(Osmania University College of Technology)(for Chemical Engineering
Top Private Colleges in Hyderabad with excellent placements –
- Vasavi College of Engineering
- Sree Nidhi Institute of Technology
The notification usually comes in the month of July-August, after the first counselling for the local students. It comes on https://dtets.cgg.gov.in/ , https://www.tsche.ac.in/ , https://tseamcet.nic.in/ and in local newspapers. It is something like this-
Interested students need to have a Migrant certificate issued by the Relief commissioner. They need to go to Saniketa Vidya Bhavan, Masab Tank, Hyderabad(office of TSCHE) and need to collect the application form. The form can be sent by post too. The admission merit list is made on the basis of the percentage of marks obtained in Maths, Physics and Chemistry only.
On the date of Physical counselling, the student needs to be present there and on the basis of the merit list, availability of seats and your preferences given, you will be allotted a seat. The allotment order will be sent within 1-2 days to your email ID. You need to print the allotment order and go to the respective college. The allotment order is common for everyone.
For UCEOU, the fees is Rs. 18000(tuition fees), and Rs. 10000 to be paid at admission time for miscellaneous things like Internet Fees, Library fees and so on. Hostel fees is additional and can be taken while paying the college fees.
The fees needs to be paid in the form of DD issued in the name of the principal. All details will be given at the respective colleges.
Best of luck to all the wards of Kashmiri Pandits who are interested in pursuing engineering at one of India’s most prestigious colleges!